Monday, August 29, 2011

Oven Baked Tilapia

Today I spent a great deal of time in the kitchen preparing peaches for future pies, making peach cobbler (will post that recipe in a bit), preparing banana peppers to make Banana Pepper Spread (as soon as I get apple cider vinegar and mustard for the recipe- for now the chopped peppers are in the freezer waiting patiently), and cleaning up my messes from the weekend. I knew I didn't want to spend a lot of time cooking dinner since I had been on  my feet all day already. So I quickly defrosted some tilapia fillets, steamed a little broccoli and  20  minutes from the first step I'm enjoying a satisfying meal.  I hesitate to even call this a "recipe", as there really isn't much to it. It is more a method than a recipe.

Oven Baked Tilapia

  • Preheat oven to 425
  • Spray a baking pan with non stick spray.
  • Place fish on baking sheet and spritz with a little EVOO or drizzle some melted butter
  • Season as desired- I used the Pampered Chef Chipotle Rub and a little seasoning salt. 
  • Bake for 10-15 minutes depending on how thick the fillets are. 


That's it!! Quick, easy and tasty!

I also use this method for baking chicken. It provides a crispy crust and tender, juicy inside. Play with the seasonings to vary the flavor. You could use an Italian Rub, Thai, Curry, Chili, etc. Have fun with it!

No comments:

Post a Comment