Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Talapia in Lemongrass Aoli

I was in the mood for something light tonight. A filet of talapia cooked in a foil pouch should just do the trick. Add to that a light broccoli salad and a little of one of my favorite couscous and I'm a happy camper.
Tonight's Menu is Talapia in Lemongrass Aoli, whole wheat couscous and a new twist on a broccoli salad.


For the talapia I placed 2 filets on each square of foil and added a little salt and pepper. For the Aoli I combined about 3/4 cup mayonnaise (I like Hellman's Olive Oil or Light), 2 cloves garlic pressed or minced, 1 TBL pureed lemongrass (found in the produce section of your supermarket) and 2 TBL Hot Pepper Jelly.  Spread a decent coating of Aoli over the fillets. Top with a few slivers of red onion and fold the foil into a pouch, sealing the edges. Grill for about 15 - 20 minutes.

For the Broccoli Salad I cut broccoli into small pieces to make about 4 cups. Grate 5 or 6 baby carrots. Chop 1/2 green pepper, 1/4 cup diced red onion, and a little  pineapple. Combine the above ingredients with 1/4 cup dried cranberries. Now for the twist... Chop 1/2 cup of Wasabi Peas and add to the veggies. The Pampered Chef Food Chopper works well for this. For the dressing I used 3/4 cup mayonnaise, 1 TBL red wine vinegar, 2 tsp sugar and a little juice from the pineapple.  I really like the little punch the wasabi peas give this salad. YUUMMMYYY!!

The couscous I used tonight was from Rice Select. It is a whole wheat pearl couscous (toasted Israeli pasta) with a hint of rosemary oil. It cooks in less than 10 minutes. It has 6 gr fiber and 7 gr protein per serving!! I love the flavor and texture of this couscous. I rarely add anything to it other than a tsp of olive oil or butter when cooking. Left over couscous is a good base for a salad also, but that will be for another day. lol


This whole meal took me less than 30  minutes to prepare an only about 15 to cook. In less than an hour you can have a light, delicous and flavorful meal. There is very little mess involved in preparing this meal also so you have more time to spend at the pool.  Grab a cold beverage and a cup of sherbet or sorbet and kick back and enjoy the rest of your night.

No comments:

Post a Comment