Friday, July 15, 2011

Welcome to my Blog

Welcome to my blog. This will be a learning experience for me so bear with me as I traverse this new frontier. I'm sure this will develop and change as I progress and as I receive feed back from my followers. For right now I will start by blogging about what foods I am preparing and would love to answer any cooking questions you might have.

I prefer to use ingredients as close to nature as I can. I use organic often, although in the area I live organics are hard to come by. I am a member of a natural foods co-op so I can buy many items through them. I love to try new foods and enjoy cooking foods from different countries. My favorites currently are Thai and Indian.

I have been having a lot of fun grilling this summer and I'm always experimenting with new things to grill. Yesterday I grilled marinated garlic ribs which is my son's all time favorite. (Ben and his family came down from Toledo for dinner and a swim in the pool) We had some garlic parsley angel hair pasta in Alfredo sauce, steamed broccoli with sesame seeds and a splash of sesame oil, and baby red potato salad to go with it. The meal was rounded off with rhubarb crisp and ice cream for dessert. I will post recipes as soon as I figure out how to do that. lol

The day before I grilled a beef roast with a Pampered Chef Chipotle rub. Baby red potatoes in olive oil with the same rub, wrapped in foil was also done on the grill. Then I tossed broccoli in the same bowl that I prepared the potatoes in to coat them in the oil seasoning mix left in the bowl and grilled that in my grill baskets.

Earlier in the week I grilled chicken breasts marinated in teriaki sauce. Then I sliced up some apples onto foil squares, topped with a little sugar, cinnamon and allspice and grilled that while we are the rest of the meal. yummy!

I hope you will enjoy my posts, and I promise I will get better at it. For now, I'd like to leave you with this: Even though your mother always said not to play with your food I say go for it! Don't be afraid to play with your food! If it sounds good to you, it will probably be great. Experiment freely! Just write down what you are doing so if it turns out good you can repeat it again. :)

1 comment:

  1. EXCELLENT! And I am going to use your idea with Chicken and apples this weekend for a BBQ we are having at our new house. "Post ON" girlfriend.

    ReplyDelete