Friday, October 28, 2011

Aroz Con Polo... sort of... lol

Once again I am looking for a quick and easy dinner. I stand in front of the refrigerator... staring into it's depths....what can I make with the hodge-podge of leftovers hiding out here....Let's see.... there is a little left over turkey, some rich broth from roasting the turkey, plenty of fresh veggies, some home-made salsa that needs to get used up pretty soon...a little left over brown rice... AHA! Aroz Con Polo (Mexican chicken, rice and corn soup) only with turkey. :)

So here is what I did:
In a large sauce pan add:
2 cups salsa (mine was fairly spicy with lots of onion and garlic)
Chicken (turkey)broth and water to make about 6 cups
2 cups diced turkey or chicken
2 cups cooked rice
2 cups corn
1/2 green pepper diced
cilantro, cumin, salt and pepper to taste.
My salsa had lots of onion, but if yours doesn't add 1/2 to 3/4 cup diced onion.
Heat for about 20 minutes and eat. YUMMY!

No comments:

Post a Comment