Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Foccacia Bread

Yesterday I made Foccacia Bread but did't put the recipe on the blog. I use my pizza dough recipe which I think I've shared before, but here it is just in case.

Pizza Dough/Foccacia Bread

1 1/4 cup warm water
2 TBL olive oil
1 tsp salt
1 TB yeast
1/2 tsp sugar
4 cups flour

Combine first 5 ingredients and whisk in the flour 1 cup at a time, beating well after each addition - kneading in the last cup or so until dough is smooth and elastic.

Let rise for at least 30 minutes.
Divide dough in half and roll onto pizza stone. Or you may do one large jelly roll pan.

Brush with olive oil.
Spread with minced garlic.
Sprinkle with herbs of your choice or 1 TB pesto.
Top with slivered onions, peppers and/or thin slices of roma tomatoes.
Sprinkle with Parmesan and/or mozzarella cheese.

Bake at 400 -425 for 20-30 minutes.

I used slivered onions, red peppers, green peppers, Parmesan and fresh mozzarella.
You can use varying combinations of toppings; olives, fresh herbs, sun dried tomatoes, feta or other cheeses...
Play with it and see what combinations you can come up with.

For pizza, I slice romas on top of the crust prepared with  EVOO, garlic and pesto, then add a very generous layer of cheeses and whatever toppings I have on hand. You can also use a traditional pizza sauce of you wish of course.

No comments:

Post a Comment